Friday 24 May 2013

Tip of The Week #1


Tip of the week #1


I learned this tip at Marlene’s Makeover Workshop held in Sault Ste Marie, April, 2013.

Since that workshop I have been doing this weekly and it is fabulous.


Don’t throw out any food!


All week while you are preparing vegetables, keep everything. EVERYTHING. You know how you cut the ends of celery, carrots, peel kale off the thick stock, peel some vegetables etc? Keep all the peels, ends etc. I put them in a freezer bag, and place in my fridge. By the end of the week, I have a bag full of stuff.
I fill a pot with water, throw in the ‘stuff’, add some fresh herbs (I have my own herb garden so I just take a random bunch of herbs). I bring it all to a boil with some Spike garlic, Sea Salt and Pepper and let it simmer for a couple of hours.


Then I put a colander inside a large bowl and pour contents of the pot into the colander. Then what I have left in the bowl, is my homemade, healthy, vegetable stock. (All from stuff I would have thrown out!). Then I will freeze the stock. Next time I need stock for something, I don’t have to buy stock that has all kinds of unfoods in it. I have my own healthy stock.


If you roast a chicken that week, keep the bones and make your vegetable stock a chicken stock. The same for roast beef etc.


Eating clean does not have to be expensive when you use these tips to USE WHAT YOU HAVE.



Like A Hawke, Susan Please check out my current listings and together we'll discover your real estate needs. If you know anyone buying or selling I'd love to help them! You can follow me on Twitter: @susanhawkesells Instagram: @susanhawke Pinterest: @SusanHawke Facebook Page: Susan Hawke Remax Sales Representative Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment