Monday 10 June 2013

Ginger Peach Glazed Turkey Cutlets

Ginger Peach Glazed Turkey Cutlets
This recipe was in the June 2013 issue of Oprah Magazine. I didn’t use quite as much honey as the recipe calls for – I have adjusted it here.
Hint – Prepare this and let marinate overnight or all day. The taste will really come through that way.





(I used organic ingredients and free range turkey)

2 medium ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp raw honey
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
½ tsp sea salt divided
½ tsp ground black pepper
4 turkey cutlets (about 6 oz each)
1 tbsp Olve Oil
1 tbsp minced chives

In food processor combine peaches, honey, ginger ½ salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup puree for glazing. Transfer remainder to a large shallow dish. Add cutlets to dish and coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill to high. When hot, oil the grates. Remove cutlets from Marinade, letting excess trip off. Season with remaining salts. Grill over high heat until marks appear, flip and cook until done (this won’t take long)

Spread reserved puree on each cutlet and flip again. Transfer to plates and garnish with chives.

I served with vegetables I had in the fridge that needed to get used:
Roasted Veggies:
2 parsnips, julienned 

3 carrots, julienned
Mushrooms
Roasted red pepper
8 cloves of garlic

Place in bowl. Squeeze roasted garlic (I usually have this in the fridge – I make about 4 heads at a time and leave in fridge). Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and some fresh herbs. 

Roast for 20 min at 400. Delicious.


Friends, Please Stay Connected with Me:
Join my Recipe Club and
705.971.0918

Like A Hawke,
Susan

Please check out my current listings and together we'll discover your real estate needs. If you know anyone buying or selling I'd love to help them!

You can follow me on Twitter: @susanhawkesells Instagram: @susanhawke Pinterest: @SusanHawke Facebook Page: Susan Hawke Remax Sales Representative Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment