Thursday 6 June 2013

Tip of The Week #3

Help! 
I want to start this clean eating thing I keep hearing about. I know it is a healthy lifestyle. I do believe that good, proper nutrition cannot be found in processed foods, but I don’t have time to cook all the time. It also costs so much money. I just can’t afford it.
Does this sound like you?
Here are some ideas that may help you. I also went through the same feelings and thought process.
Avoid grocery shopping on the weekends. Stores are the busy, check out line ups longer. The longer you are in the store the more $ you will spend. Shop mid week. Just rework your schedule a bit to make this happen.

Have your vegetables washed and ready. When you come home from the store take a few extra minutes to wash your veggies, make some carrot sticks, celery sticks and whatever else will be good ‘grab and go’ veggies. If you buy something like asparagus, wash it cut it for later in the week and store in a bag. 
When you come home from a busy day at work, if all you have to do is open the fridge, take the food out and cook you will save tons of time and this will save you from resorting to the old ways of taking a pre cooked, processed meal out of the freezer. That meal will be full of sodium, fats, artificial flavour enhancers and colours. Not so good for you.









Have your fruit washed and ready to go. You will be more inclined to grab that as a snack if it is ready to go.
On the weekends, make more than one meal of what you cook. Put it in a glass container, label and freeze. Then when you know you will be really rushed after work, you can put it in the fridge in the morning and it will be ready to reheat when you get home.

I will have tons more tips in the weeks ahead. Step by step, we will get healthy together.








Like A Hawke,
Susan

Please check out my current listings and together we'll discover your real estate needs. If you know anyone buying or selling I'd love to help them!

You can follow me on Twitter: @susanhawkesells Instagram: @susanhawke Pinterest: @SusanHawke Facebook Page: Susan Hawke Remax Sales Representative Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment