(NC) The bathroom serves a variety of uses from a functional space to a serene sanctuary,from a storage facility, to a grooming salon. And, whether you enjoy it yourself or share with the family, every bathroom is in need of one major thing – organization. To keep it feeling more serene and less insane, here are five easy ideas to help improve your organization, maximize space, and even add a bit of style:
• Take Back the Tub. From shampoo and shower gel, duckies and boats, the bathtub often needs to store a variety of items. While shower caddies or shelves are an ideal solution, you can also make your own. Reuse your straight shower rod – but install it across the back wall of the tub. Next, use shower rod hooks to hang a variety of plastic baskets to create instant storage for each member of the family.
• Maximize with Dual-Function. Dual-function products are perfect for smaller baths, since they offer added benefits, without taking up more space. Update your current toilet paper holder, towel bars and in-shower shelves with newer versions that integrate a grab bar. Moen, for example, offers stylish grab bar designs featuring a paper holder, a towel bar and two shelf designs – all in a variety of finishes to help you update these bathroom basics while adding storage, safety and style.
• Shelves for Storage. Don't limit the vertical surfaces of your bathroom for mirrors and décor, especially if you don't have a closet. Try installing wall shelves. There are a variety of options – from smaller, decorative shelves that can hold perfume and toiletries – to larger hotel shelves that provide the perfect storage location for towels.
• Hidden Helpers. While space underneath the vanity offers room for storage, this hidden area is a glutton for disorganization. Remove everything and toss any items you don't need. Next, use baskets or bins to create a place for everything. Don't forget that the back of the doors can also be an added location to install a hook or shelf.
• Hotel Inspiration. Take note when you're in a hotel at the many amenities they offer and incorporate them into your bathroom for added functionality and organization. Did you love using the wall-mounted mirror? Enjoy the convenience of storing the hair dryer on the wall? Moen tells us they have a variety of bath accessories like the Arris wall-mount magnifying mirror that allows you to obtain hotel luxury at home – so install and enjoy.
With a few simple projects, your bathroom can achieve maximum use of space, style and organization. More information is available online at moen.ca.
Like A Hawke,
Please check out my current listings and together we'll discover your real estate needs. If you know anyone buying or selling I'd love to help them!
You can follow me on Twitter: @susanhawkesells Instagram: @susanhawke Pinterest: @SusanHawke Facebook Page: Susan Hawke Remax Sales Representative Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada